How to enter your Nokia SIM network unlock PIN code
As with many handset manufacturers, getting unlocked can sometimes be extremely challenging. The good news is there is usually a set of workaround instructions for entering your Nokia SIM network unlock PIN code. Here we have put together a complete guide on how to enter your unlock code and a stack of troubleshooting options should you get stuck.
Instructions on how to enter your Nokia unlock code.
Successfully entering your Nokia unlock code is easy in 99% of cases. Some models or networks can vary so we’ve added as much information as possible to ensure you get unlocked.
Important: You have 3 attempts to enter your Nokia SIM network unlock PIN before the handset locks up. It’s important that you follow the instructions carefully when entering the code into your handset. If your phone does get hard locked follow the instructions at the bottom of the page.
Entering your Nokia unlock code for most phones (excludes Rogers & Fido):
- Insert a SIM card from the network you are locked to and switch on your handset.
- Press #
- Followed by * three times = P
- Then press * four times = W
- Press * twice = +
- Enter your unlock code
- Press * twice = +
- Press 1, then # and the display should now read “SIM restriction off”
Note: The on-screen data should look like this: #PW+UNLOCKCODE+1# (UNLOCK CODE is your SIM network unlock PIN).
Important: If you receive an error message following the instructions you MUST STOP. Too many incorrect attempts when entering your unlock code could permanently lock your phone. If you are having problems open a support ticket and we’ll provide assistance.
Nokia Lumia 900 mobile phone unlocking instructions:
- Switch on your handset with a non-accepted SIM card inside.
- Your handset will ask you to enter your unlock pin.
- Now input your 8 digit unlock code. You should now be unlocked.
Troubleshooting your Nokia Lumia 900 AT&T unlock code:
Sometimes the code does not work for the Nokia Lumia 900 locked to AT&T. Keep entering the code for at least 10 times in a row. At that point you’ll get the ‘real’ network unlock message for which you have 32 attempts. Re-enter the same 8-digit code you’ve already been entering and you should be unlocked.
Enter unlock code for Nokia phones on Rogers, Fido or ChatR networks:
- Use +7 at the end first, if “Code Error” then try +1
Nokia phones on Telus or Bell networks:
- Use +5 at the end first, if “Code Error” then try +1 or +7
Nokia phones on AT&T or T-Mobile USA networks:
- Enter #PW+UNLOCKCODE+1#
Nokia phones connected to UK networks:
- Use +1 at the end first, if “Code Error” then try +7
How to unlock Nokia phones connected to Fido or Rogers networks:
- Insert a SIM card from the network you are locked to and switch on your handset
- Press #
- Then press * three times = P
- Followed by pressing * four times = W
- Then press * twice = +
- Enter the your Nokia unlock code
- Then press * twice = +
- Press 7, then # and the display should read ‘SIM Restriction Off’. If it displays ‘Code Error’ use 1 instead of 7.
Note: It should look similar to this: #PW+UNLOCKCODE+7# or #pw+UNLOCKCODE+1#
How to bypass the Nokia ‘hard lock’ after 3 wrong attempts:
If your Nokia handset screen displays “CANNOT UNDO RESTRICTION’ or ” NOT ALLOWED” or “PHONE RESTRICTIONS” your mobile phone is hard-locked. Consequently, you won’t be able to enter your Nokia SIM network unlock PIN code. Fortunately this can be bypassed following the steps below.
To bypass your Nokia ‘hard lock’ you will need:
- An original Nokia USB cable (Cannot be a generic USB Cable).
- The correct USB cable drivers.
- Nokia PC Suite software installed with the appropriate USB cable drivers.
- The SendCodeUsb software application installed.
- Your Nokia unlock code.
Once you have all of the above in place you can follow these steps.
- Switch on your handset without a SIM Card installed. When prompted with ‘Start Phone Without SIM Card’ or similar, click ‘Accept’ or ‘OK’. Your handset should now be in offline mode.
- Switch off all Antivirus software on your computer.
- Connect your Nokia phone to your PC using the original Nokia USB cable. Your phone will display several options, ‘PC Suite Mode’, ‘Mass Storage Mode’ etc… Stay on this screen – DO NOT select any of the options.
- Start the SendCodeUsb software you downloaded and click on the ‘Read Phone Info’ button. The application should display several lines of information. If it says “not found” re-plug your phone into the USB and click ‘Read Phone Info’.
- If the application still displays ‘Not Found’, your USB cable drivers are not correctly installed. In this case you will need to uninstall, then re-install them as it will not work unless they are correctly installed. DO NOT move on to the next step until the drivers are installed properly and SendCodeUsb can read the information from the phone.
- Next select the ‘Check For Fbus’ checkbox. Also make sure the ‘Level (1-7)’ selection is set to the appropriate carrier.
- For Rogers and Fido use +7 or +1
- Telus devices use +5 or +1
- UK devices use +1 and +7
- T-Mobile USA devices use +1
- AT&T devices use +1
- Enter ONLY the numbers of the correct unlock code into the ‘Unlock Code (15 digits)’ field. E.G. If your correct unlock code was #PW+123456789012345+1# you would only enter 123456789012345.
- Click on the ‘Send Unlock Code’ button.