How to enter your Sony Xperia SIM network unlock PIN
Whether you own a Sony Ericsson or Sony Experia mobile phone, getting your handset network unlocked is pretty straight forward. On this page we have detailed everything you need to enter your Sony Xperia SIM network unlock PIN. If you still require the unlock code you can get it by following the instructions here.
Instructions on how to enter your Sony unlock code.
Unlocking your Sony handset is one of the easiest devices to unlock. Follow the simple instructions below to successfully enter your Sony unlock code. If your unlock code is not working you may want to try the counter block steps.
How to enter your unlock code for most Sony Xperia handsets:
- Switch off your handset and insert a SIM card from a network different to the one you’re locked to.
- Switch on your handset and at the screen prompt enter *#7465625*12*UNLOCKCODE#
Note: UNLOCK CODE is the code you have been sent.
How to enter your Sony Ericsson unlock code:
- Switch off your handset and remove the SIM card.
- Now switch it back on.
- Quickly press the left arrow once, followed by the * button twice, then the left arrow again.
- This should bring up a hidden menu.
- When you see ‘Personalize with MNC2′ enter your unlock code.
Note: It may be necessary to press ‘Enter’ or ‘OK’.
How to check if your Sony counter is blocked:
- Switch off the handset, remove the SIM and switch back on.
- Type into the handset *#*#7378423#*#*
- At the screen prompt select Service info > SIM lock
- One the SIM lock screen check where the ‘X’ is
If there is an X on NETWORK, SUBSET or PROVIDER and value is more than 0 your handset can be unlocked. If it is 0 the counter is blocked and you cannot unlock your phone.